Hey ILC Parents…Summer is flying by so fast that we can’t believe it’s already 3rd session! Although sad to say goodbye to so many amazing campers at the end of our 2nd session, it’s always wonderful to greet fresh faces as they step off of the bus for our final 2 week session.
Session 2 Highlights
1. Out of camp trips to Cooperstown, Lackawanna Coal Mine, canoeing and kayaking down the Delaware River, and camping out overnight in the barn and in the woods.
2. Lazy Day trips to Skate Estate and to see the movie, Monsters University. At Skate Estate they can rollerblade, rollerskate, go down waterslides, play miniature golf, laser tag, or old school arcade games.
3. Visiting Day- We hope all of our session 2 parents and grandparents had a wonderful day here at camp with your children.
4. Color War! It was a race from start to finish, City (blue) vs. Country (grey). Once again, grey pulled through in the end with the win. Check out our summer photos and weekly videos to feel a part of the action.
5. Performance Week- It was another great week of shows here at Island Lake. With our circus show, dance show, rock concert, magic show, and musicals, our campers all shined under the spotlight. You can order these performances on DVD after the summer.
We are now looking forward to a fantastic 3rd session with lots of new campers and our annual teen trip coming up. This summer we are going to Cleveland, Ohio and some of the trip highlights include the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Football Hall of Fame, Cedar Point Amusement Park, and dinner cruise. Our older campers and CIT’s are getting so excited for this 4 day, 3 night trip on August 5th.
Well, that’s about it for now. Enjoy our daily photos and weekly videos on CampMinder, as well as our daily tweets and daily videos on our Facebook page. You are sure to feel as if you are a part of the fun we’re having here at Island Lake! ILC U THERE!!!